Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Farewell and good luck!


This is it. The end of my long journey of a 4-H member is coming to a close shortly. Next week will be the last event I will do as a state council member. This weekend is my last 4-H horse show, unless I make it to my districts. It has been an amazing experience and I cannot imagine how my life could have been without the program. It has given me so many opportunities and I have learned so much from being a part of this wonderful program. It took me a while to think about what I was going to put as my last blog, I had some trouble getting it started because I knew this would be the very last one…
Right now what I am focusing on is my Horse show this Saturday. I am hoping to fulfill my goal that I set out in the beginning of the year. I have been working very hard with my mare throughout the year and cannot wait to see how all that hard work pays off. It is my last year as a 4-H member and I cannot believe that it has gone by so fast. It has been one of the best years of my life and I am so grateful that I made the choice of applying for State Council.
I have met so many people through this great opportunity and created yet another family. It will be hard for me to adjust back to not traveling around the state as much and not having a 4-H event to go to almost every weekend. I will miss my council family dearly, because now that our term is almost over we won’t be going to as many events together so we won’t be seeing each other as much. I will miss all of you, but I will try to keep in touch! Olive you all!


To the new council, remember that everyone counts. No one person is better than the other because they got a higher position. You all have to work together and become the best team you can be. Also remember that communication is key! There is nothing wrong with asking a question to be sure, so that no one is confused or is left without knowing something. There will be times that you won’t want to continue with State Council, but make sure you talk it out with your advisors and council because you may just be really stressed and not thinking clearly. There will be times where you cannot get along well with another member, but it passes when you have things you need to get done and you get over it.
You will create many memories you’ll take with you after, several inside jokes, and will have many late night conversations at events. You will lose sleep, but it will be worth it in the end, trust me! You might even be able to sleep in when you get back home after an event, depending on how busy the next day is for you. Just remember to be there for one another, and be the best you can be! The 4-H program needs you at your best when you are representing it, and together you can help each other out to be just that.

I wish the new council good luck on their year and if you ever need anything don’t be afraid to ask one of us for help.

Danielle Knapp
Pennsylvania State Council 2011/2012 Reporter

No comments:

Post a Comment