Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Here We Go!


Hello Everyone!

My name is Cassidy Baker and I feel so honored and privileged to serve as your new 2012/2013 PA 4-H State Council President!  Throughout the year, my fellow council members and I will be keeping you updated as to what we are doing throughout the state.  Be sure to keep checking the blog regularly as each member will have something completely different to say.

Since this is the start of a new and exciting journey, I feel as though I should share several facts about my 4-H career in order for you to know me better…

I first joined 4-H when I was ten years old.  I started out as a member of the Wayne Buckaroos 4-H Equine Club in Lawrence County, PA.  Currently, I am the Club President.  I am also very involved with the Lawrence County 4-H Teen Council.  Since becoming a member over 7 years ago, I have actively engaged myself in the 4-H program beyond the county level.  For three years, I have attended the NW PA 4-H Intermediate Camp and now I am a camp counselor.  In addition, I participated in the PA 4-H State Leadership Conference, 4-H State Capital Days, and State Achievement Days.  Last but not least, I also was a member of the Pennsylvania Delegation for the 2010 National 4-H Congress and I also had the opportunity to attend the 2012 National 4-H Conference.

4-H is all about opportunities.  On August 9, 2012, eight eager and passionate 4-H members took advantage of a once in-a-lifetime opportunity as they were inducted in the PA 4-H State Council.  That day marked the start of a new era for us.  I knew that this year was going to be different.  I understood that it was going to be challenging at times but worth it in the end.  I must not have been the only one that felt that way because as a team, right there on that stage after everyone left; we came together into a huddle and expressed our excitement for our time ahead as a team.

That day we all parted, making our separate ways across the state, but knowing that we would be reunited soon.  Since the induction ceremony, the PA 4-H State Council has already made an appearance at Ag Progress Days and at the Penn State Extension/ 4-H Tailgate.  We also all came together for an amazing time at our Officer Training!  Keep looking out for your State Council as we make our way across Pennsylvania!

In finishing, I want to again express my excitement to serve on the State Council.  It has always been one of my ultimate goals and I can now say that I have achieved it.  I cannot wait for the opportunity to meet many of you at various events and functions – especially at the State Leadership Conference!  Maybe this year you will get to see a chocolate river or maybe even members dressed as Oompa Loompas (hint, hint)!

Until later,

Cassidy Baker
2012/2013 PA 4-H State Council President


“The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be only the beginning”

Ivy Baker Priest

1 comment:

  1. SO proud of you cassidy!! I love this blog idea(:

    ReplyDelete