Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Friday, March 27, 2009

Hi everyone,
The 2009 4-H year if officially under way and the State Council has been very busy. The members have been attending meetings, workshops, and promotional events.
I have been working mostly in Snyder County this month. I attended the Teen Council meeting where I was asked to talk a little about SLC and the State Council Training Weekend. Along with five of my fellow members, I talked to the Snyder County Foundation Board about my experience at SLC and what the 2009 year will be like for State Council. The Foundation pays the way for Teen Council officers to attend SLC each year so we always attend a meeting to report what we learned and say thank you! At my Backyard Bunnies club meeting, I taught a group of younger members about nest boxes as part of my Teen Leader project. I also gave a presentation on Tan Rabbits.
I celebrated PA 4-H Week by participating in several events. The SUN Area (Snyder, Union, and Northumberland Counties) held its annual Kick-Off Skating Party at Sunset Rink in Shamokin Dam. I had the opportunity to stand with my fellow Teen Council members to welcome all the members and remind them about Checkout the Silver. Next I took part in the Council Conference Call where we discussed Capital Days, the New Mexico trip, and planning SLC. The following night, the CSC region held Camp Counselor Training in Columbia County. Jessica Lehman and I led a short game during break time. In honor of PA 4-H Week, I also prepared an announcement for the morning announcements at MWHS. In addition to that, I wore a 4-H t-shirt every day and collected about 3000 soda tabs at school.
As Reporter, I prepared the March edition of the Clover Clipboard. You can find a link to view the newsletter at pa4-hc.cas.psu.edu/.
On March 28, Laura, Jess, Alex, and I led a workshop in Bradford County on the offices of President/Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer. Prior to the workshop we attended a luncheon and led the group in some icebreakers.

Jeanette Blank
2009 State Council Reporter


“Life is like ice cream; enjoy it before it melts!”

No comments:

Post a Comment