Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

April's Happenings!

Wow! April has found me busy with tons of work both for school and council. As the month began I was busy preparing for our council’s first big group event- Capital Days, while attending musical practice and studying for my last nine weeks of my junior year. After much preparation, the council represented 4-H well at our State’s Capital in Harrisburg! This was a learning experience for all of us and gave me so many great memories! Sunday started with our council’s very first opening ceremony followed by mixers. That night we also held our first committee meeting. Up bright and early on Monday the council members had the honor of meeting with our state Representatives and Senators, along with Secretary Wolf. At the end of our very busy day was an exciting evening. The Green and White parties met for the mock legislation followed by a dance and ice cream social. Within the blink of an eye it was time for closing ceremonies on Tuesday. Jeannette and I had the honor of announcing this year’s service project “food check out day.” We mentioned ways to get involved and reminded counties about saving pop tabs for the contest that will take place at next year’s Leadership Conference. I would like to thank all of those who attended this event and hope more plan to attend next year! I look forward to other upcoming 4-H events as summer is approaching.
Christy Lambert
Secretary

No comments:

Post a Comment