Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Monday, June 29, 2009

Summertime fun!

Hello everyone!
I hope each of you are enjoying your summer now that school has come to a close. It is extremely hard for me to believe that one month has already flown by at record speed! I understand that there are a million and one activities to do this summer, but please take the time to check with your local 4-H educator to find 4-H leadership opportunities available to you such as State Achievement Days at Pennsylvania State University from July 28th to 30th. At events such as State Achievement Days, you not only have the ability to learn about new techniques in your project area,but you also get to listen to experienced speakers and spend time with your friends while exploring Penn State University! What could be better than that!
Your State Officer Team has been busy yet again putting the finishing touches on State Achievement Days, planning for State Leadership Conference’s “License to Lead”, promoting your state service project, and preparing to represent the Pennsylvania 4-H program in New Mexico! On July 12th, we will depart at 4:00 A.M. for New Mexico where we will assist the New Mexico State 4-H Council throughout their State Conference and then return back to Pennsylvania on July 17th.
As I come to a close, I ask to you to please take the time to look into further opportunities within this great state, every event is packed with valuable tools and new ideas which will come in useful for you or your local 4-H program. I also request that you keep collecting pop tabs, gift cards, and/or canned goods for the state service project, Food Checkout Day and if you have any questions at all please feel free to contact me at j.lehman09@gmail.com. Last but not least I would like to leave you with the quote I have promised, I hope you find them as useful as I do.

“The fact is, that to do anything in the world worth doing, we must not stand back shivering and thinking of the cold and danger, but jump in and scramble through as well as we can.” -Robert Cushing

Enjoy your summer and I'll see you at State Achievement Days!
Jessica Lehman
PA 4-H SC Vice President of Internal Affairs

No comments:

Post a Comment