Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Summer is Flying By

WOW, I can’t believe how fast my first month of summer flew by! It seems like just last week I watched some of my best friends turn their tassels and say good bye to their high school years. As I sit down today to write this blog I have tons of things spinning through my head. I will head out to board an airplane for the first time in my life Monday morning at 1:30 am! I am traveling the whole way to Washington State as part of my county 4-H exchange trip. When I joined 4-H I never thought one of my opportunities was going to be traveling across the country on a set of wings.
Our council team held our first face to face meeting at Penn State University on the June 12th where we all received shocking news. Some changes are being made to the 4-H calendar year. This means the time new officers would take office would no longer make sense. Therefore, the 2008 and 2009 are invited to extend their terms and serve for six months, until July, as a new formed council. Emotions of both excitement and confusion took over. Being on the council is a lot of work but serving for another 6 months would be an honor! At this meeting the team also said goodbye to Dr. Bruce, one of our great fearless advisors.
Our council team is also working hard on a great State Days event! We’re all “Revved up” and hope to “Rev” you guys up as well! Good luck to everyone as they take part in their activities and I look forward to seeing everyone there!
Continue to have a safe summer and good luck to everyone in their livestock summer shows!
Your State Secretary,
Christy Lambert

No comments:

Post a Comment