Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Monday, November 30, 2009

November has come and gone

Hello to everyone,

It is so hard to believe that tomorrow will be December and then this year is over. The State Leadership Conference is getting closer! This month was a busy one for myself as an officer. On November 21st was the Indiana County 4-H Achievement Night and Carol asked me to speak since I am the first member from our county to be on the State Council. I told the members and their families who were present what all we do as a council, the different things we have done over the past year, and what is being planed for the months to come. I also encouraged everyone there to ask questions at the end of the night to learn more about becoming future council members themselves. Not to my surprise, some of the members did approach me and a few are seriously interested for future councils. Even some of the parents wanted to know more about us. I am so happy that I can represent 4-H in the way that I do.

My hometown of Punxsutawney has an annual "Home For The Holidays" Parade and this year there were two 4-H floats. Great job to the Gateway Horse club and the livestock club that put together their wonderful displays and showed our town who we are. Seeing all of you walking and participating in the parade made me proud of you and our amazing organization. It was a great idea and it showed all of those watching the parade what 4-H is and that it is not just sitting in the barn and showing at the fair.

I hope everyone has a great holiday season and to see you all in January at the State Leadership Conference. Bye for now!!

Laura Pifer

No comments:

Post a Comment