Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Don't Blink!

"Don't Blink Just like that you're six years old and you take a nap and you
Wake up and you're twenty-five and your high school sweetheart becomes your wife
Don't blink You just might miss your babies growing like mine did Turning into moms and dads next thing you know your "better half"
Of fifty years is there in bed And you're praying God takes you instead Trust me friend a hundred years goes faster than you think So don't blink" - Kenny Chesney
I begin with these lyrics because February has gone by so incredibly fast that it helps show how fast this year is going by. Remember reading that January post about how busy we were, well the truth is that was just the beginning. It is a true statement when springtime arrives everything takes off. This past month I got the opportunity to go and give a Parli Pro Workshop to the teens of the "Old" Capital Region. It was great to see the next teens that may fill our shoes one day of the 4-H program being so active and willing to learn. It also gave me a chance to meet a few more youth in 4-H I had not meant before. The 2010 - 2011 Council has less than six months left and we are ready to go out just as strong as we started. Sometimes we get caught up in the fact that something is about to end and forget to live out the remainder of it. 4-H has been my life since I have joined the program seven years ago. My college, my major, a good amount of friends, skills, experiences, and much more has come out of my past seven years in the program. I continue to remind myself not to blink and miss something as my last year is taking place. As you go and get that Champion out of the herd for your market project you know that the prime of the 4-H year is beginning to take place for the kids with livestock projects. I cannot wait to see what the next five months have in store. I know sometimes it will be tough for me to keep looking into the present and future to see what will be coming but I know that we are all a team and we will all finish strong. We started out seven months ago not knowing anything about each other and now today we have formed friendships and bonds that are continuously growing stronger. There are tough times and there are good times but we always do it together. 2010 - 2011 Council these last five months are going to be some great ones. So remember don't blink another month gone just like that.

Your 2010 - 2011 President,
Logan Hall

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate the team that you are leading. The next 5 months will fly by in that "blink". You are the inspiration for the future. Many young members are watching and are being inspired. Keep up the good work, stay focused, but "don't blink" or you will miss all the influence that you will need for reflection on a job well done!

    ReplyDelete