Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Lives We Live...

When counting the amount of months I have been a 4-H member, on one hand I truly begin to reflect a lot more on everything I have accomplished and everything I have ahead in those very short months. As I stood up and introduced myself to the other Agriculture Representatives at National Ag Day as the Pennsylvania State 4-H President it still is unreal. Going back years ago as I attended my first SLC I saw those elite, powerful, highly respected youth wearing their green blazers. In my wildest dreams I never thought that would be me one day representing the State 4-H as State President. Now I am sure you just read that and said how cheesy but some of the best stories in life are the cheesy ones. Seven months ago this opportunity of a lifetime began and I was not sure exactly what to expect. I mean I knew what was expected of me and all the responsibilities I had but not so much the dedication and love I have for 4-H would grow to this extent. With each new opportunity that is has arose came new memories being created, new friends being made, and new networks being built. Being asked to come and speak at the Cumberland and Perry County Speak Out night was a honor to help express the chances the youth of 4-H have in the program. Getting ready to return to Washington, D.C. for National 4-H Conference is an exciting feeling. When there is a group of any size of youth, leaders, and volunteers that come together to represent one organization there is the common understanding that this organization changes lives for the better. With my freshman year of college very quickly approaching the end, the final stretch of the race has began. Picking out my last set of market goats brings it home that the end is near. But before we get caught up in the sorrow of what happened and how we are going to miss it, it is a key factor that we take on each and every event and task as though you have the love and joy of it never ending. I am looking forward to all that is ahead including; Capital Days, our trip to TN, and then the big finale at State Days. The knowing that with each one of these events skills are going to get passed on to others and you yourself are also going to learn from others, is one of the best feelings. So remember live each moment as it's your last because the end always comes sooner than we want! Meeting and Growing with the other six council members makes every challenge easier and worth every second of work put into this term as President. I mean even at those times when we are all just one hot mess. There are many times I overlook the fact of it being work because of the true passion I have for 4-H. In life take on the challenges set ahead they will only create a strong you!

Logan Hall
Your 2010-2011 4-H State Council President

No comments:

Post a Comment