Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Friday, September 30, 2011

The Best of September

This has been a very busy but successful month! Where to start? My final season of Varsity Girls Soccer started, I had my 18th Birthday, had my senior pictures done, participated in Clearfield County’s Agricultural Safety Days, and represented the State Council at the 4-H Tailgate! Along with so many wonderful events, the first month of my last year in High School is now over.

Now that I have that big mouthful of words over, I can tell you a little more detail! It’s sad to say, but it is my last year of soccer. I will miss my teammates so much and the memories that we have made over the last several years. Our girl’s soccer program started my freshman year and it’s amazing to see how far our young team has come. From only winning 3 games our first year to now making it to districts. So far our record is 6 wins and 5 losses but I know we can work together and make it our best year yet!

My 18th birthday went very well, even though my mother and oldest sister couldn’t be there. They were in ITALY! I was kind of bummed that I couldn’t go with them but I’m glad they had a great time! For my birthday my other sister, Katie, invited me to stay with her for the weekend at her house at college. I had a great time catching up with her and picking out my homecoming dress. She even baked me a cake! After returning home, the rain finally stopped and I could have my senior pictures taken. I haven’t seen them yet, but I can’t wait till they are done!

This was my first year participating in my county’s safety days. I wasn’t sure what to expect, especially bringing one of my horses and my comical duck Koda. I spent the morning with some of my fellow county council members teaching 2nd graders safety around animals. I also had the opportunity to talk to them about the 4-H program and the opportunities it gives kids their age.

Recently, I attended the 4-H Tailgate at the Ag. Arena in State College. I wasn’t sure what to expect when I got there, but it ended up being a really neat experience. I had the opportunity to talk with a lot of different people and learned a lot of new things. The Seeing Eye dogs caught the eye of almost everyone there and the work they do is incredible. It was a lot of fun and I definitely would want to go again!

Seeing how this month was so busy and exciting, I can’t wait till October starts! I can already tell you, it will be one that I will always remember!

Liz McAndrew

State 4-H Council Vice President of Operations


No comments:

Post a Comment