Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Friday, September 30, 2011

What a Month

So much has gone on this past month for me, ranging from the West Alexander Fair, down here in Washington, soccer games, county council meetings, preparing for Keystone, and yes of course, working on plans for the up and comeing State Leadership Confrence!!!

The West Alexander Fair, is the smallest in my county, but probably my favorite of the two. This year's fair went real well, but i dont think that there was a night that we could just sit around and enjoy a nice warm night. It was cold and rainy, and the night of the pig show, the LIGHTS went out!!! Talk about fun, lucky we had people with genorators around though. Plus to make that night even better it was my little sister's birthday. The lamb show went real well, I had a small lamb this year that i wasn't sure how he'd place, but I got Champion lightweight with him and got him donated back to me during the sale. Our sale also went well, we had many people come to support both Washington and Ohio County (W.V.) 4-H clubs, and the 2 FFA chapters.

The soccer season for me has gone well so far, we aren't doing as well as previous years but that's ok because we keep our heads held high and positive attitudes. For County Council, we had elections this month, unfortunately i had to miss the meeting but lucky we have a good president taking over.

Now my 2 favorite things i've done so far this month, prepare for K.I.L.E, next weekend, and plan for SLC!! This year i'm exhibiting 2 Duroc gilts which I take alot of pride in, also my sister is taking 2 gilts that were born from 2 of my litters this past spring, these 4 gilts i'm hopeing do well. This year's State Leadership Confrence is one to look forward to! It's going to be a weekend full of fun! Plus were going wild.

This past month was crazy, i mean with school starting, a fair, soccer, and me taking my driver's test, plus getting my 2 gilts to cooperate was fun. Now i can't wait to see how the rest of the year goes, and i can't wait to meet everyone this year at all the events!

Your 2011-2012 Pa State Historian,
Bridget McConn

No comments:

Post a Comment