Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Friday, September 30, 2011

Fall is in the air!

The season of fall is upon us all. With the change of season we get to enjoy the scenic beauty while traveling places, because the leaves change to several different colors and create a beautiful sight. The bad thing is that with the change to fall it promises that winter will be here shortly. I will admit that I am not a big fan of that season. With winter brings a lot of fun things to do, but I don't like the cold that comes with it. There are plenty of you that do like winter I am sure and that is good news for you!



This is the time of the year where 4-H seems to calm down a little for my county. With it being fall it slows down a bit, because schools having started and the 4-Her's have less time to do things, but still we get together and think back over what happened during this year and plan for next year. My County Council group is currently planning our Achievement program which is only a weekend away. We get to dress up in board game characters, because our theme for that night is board games. I am still working on picking out who I want to be for that night and deciding how to go about creating my costume.All over County's are planning their own end of the year achievement programs, and I hope that they all go over with success and that everyone has a good time. For those of you that have already had that program I hope that you can think back on it as a great time.



Now even though you are going to be busy with school, and many other after school programs just remember to take some time to enjoy the change of the season. Some ways to do that is by picking apples and making cider, apple sauce or just eating them plain, or picking pumpkins, or raking up the leaves that fall off the trees and then jumping in them; because no matter what you are never too old for that!




Enjoy these fall days!


Danielle Knapp

Reporter

No comments:

Post a Comment