Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

An end to the month, brings a beginning to a new one.

This month has been a preperation for hard times ahead. I have had to do so many things, and yet I was still able to spend time with my family. State council has been busy preparing for State Leadership Conference. We had our very first face to face meeting together at the beginnig of this month. I would say that it was successful. It was great to see everyone again after the few months that we hadn't seen everyone together since our training weekend. We spent all day together deciding on great things to come for State Leadership Conference. I am excited for the event, and I with all our planning and hard work will be enjoyed by the attendents.



In November I have been busy with a lot of things. One of them includes a yearly program that I have participated in since '07 it is called NaNoWriMo. It is where the participant writes 50,0000 words in the month of November. It could be anything you want, just to get you to write and get your creativity flowing. It is great fun and a way I spend time with my siblings, two of them participate in it as well and we have a good time with it. I have won every year since I started, but this year I am having trouble with it. I am uncertain whether I will be able to complete it or not, but at least I have tried. I still have a bit to do, but I think I am determined to try to complete it before 12 AM today. If I don't, then there is always next year! I can start working on my novel that has come from it, and maybe get it published within a few years. I enjoy the ideas I have gotten throughout the process and sometimes wonder where they come from.


Some ideas that seem to appear out of no where become great ones, and I would have to say the same for my story. Now it needs some major editing but that is something that I can always do later, when i have it all written, because I cannot always remember an idea that comes to me, I don't have a tendacy to write every one of them down and instead store them in my memory, which I will say isn't the greatest idea.



At the end of the month on top of writing in my NaNoWriMo story I, like everyone else; was preparing for Thanksgiving. I had a great time spending time with my family, and enjoy this time of year. To those of you that went Black Friday shopping, more power to you. I stayed home on the farm, not interested in going down the hill into town. I was instead preparing for Opening Day. I was putting up tree stands all day. Then got excited for the big day. When that day arrived, I awoke before the sun so that I could get into my stand. I was grateful for the beautiful day, because it was said to rain the week before but nope, it was nice and clear. There was an occasional breeze but it was a pleasent day. I even ended up getting a buck at the end of the day. I hope that everyone enjoyed the day as well, whether hunting, or spending their time doing something outside, or however else you spent your day!



Enjoy the nice weather while it lasts, because winter is just around the corner. Now for some of you that is good news, but for those of you that are similar to me and like the warm weather over the cold, its time you start hybernating! Just kidding, just make sure you bundle up. Some of the greatest moments are ahead of you, like sledding, skiing, snowboarding, making snow angels, having snowball fights, or building forts and snowpeople, or what have you. I enjoy doing a bunch of them on a nice winter day, but one of my favorite thing to do is cuddle up by a warm fire, with some hot cocoa in hand.

It may get nasty outside in winter time, but there is still good times to be had with it, there is always going to be some bad with the good. That's life. You just need to learn how to enjoy yourself along the way!



I hope everyone is doing well.

Sincerely,

Your Reporter,

Danielle Knapp

No comments:

Post a Comment