Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Gobble Gobble!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving because I know I sure did! Even though I worked everyday on our break away from school, I still am so thankful that my family was able to come celebrate with us! My sister now lives in North Carolina, my other sister goes to college, my grandma lives an hour away, and my other Grandma lives in Virginia! So, it's always hard to get together when all of have such busy schedules. Thankfully, the busy schedules died down and we were able to all come together for a great Thanksgiving and one that I will always remember!

This month I also got to represent the 4-H program by giving an interview on WTAJ news channel. It was a blast! I went with one of the local 4-H Horse Clubs and their miniature horses to talk about the State 4-H Horse Show and what the 4-H Program is. Not only did I get interviewed by a news station, but also by public relation majors that go to Penn State. They wanted to understand what 4-H is, what goes on, and how it affected my life. They couldn't believe how much 4-H impacts just one person and the opportunities it gives to it's members. It was a pleasure to talk to them about 4-H.

Our council has been working long and hard on the State Leadership Conference! We had a face to face meeting this month and were able to cover a lot of business. We can't wait for people to see what we have in store for SLC! (:

Truly,
Liz McAndrew
State 4-H Council Vice President of Operations and Events

No comments:

Post a Comment