Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Friday, April 27, 2012

Wishing for Change


Senior year is a year for celebrating, focusing, making decisions, and even having fun. I would have never thought senior year is a year to change. Change in attitude, change in experiences, and change in where you are headed are all changes that occurred during my senior year.

As you begin to become more involved with situations around you, you have no idea how it will affect you. Senior year is a situation that changed my whole life. It is a time for college acceptances to begin arriving and your decisions become finalized. My search for a college started as a broad want and finished with a narrow-down to a major and college choice. With any situation, the beginning doesn’t matter; it is the ending people notice.
In the summer, I had no inclination of where I wanted to be attending college after four years of high school. Sure I had goals and aspirations, but what if the path I choose isn’t the right choice for me. If I wrote my credentials for college applications once, I wrote them at least 5 more times. As I filled in my name, I saw a clear ending of where I wanted to be. One by one, colleges began to fall off of my list and left me with one choice. That choice I realized is a change in what I will become four years from now.
My suggestion for all of you is that when you start  the college search, you might know where you will end up or why you are making the choices you did. Everything that you do know will help you later on. If you stumble, you are still moving forward, which is what matters the most. When you start a project, event or anything else, finish it with the smile you started out with. Through your decisions and choices it doesn’t matter where you are, all that matters is where you end up. Change is a positive element in life.
With something to think about,
Ashley Mohn
PA 4-H State Council Secretary 
“A year from now you will wish you had started today.” -Karen Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment