Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Friday, November 30, 2012

A Rough Month

Hello Pennsylvania 4-H,

This past month has been a very stressful and difficult one. The reason that is has been, is because I had jaw surgery on November 7th. The surgery itself went very well, but the recovery is very long and stressful. I was lucky enough to not get my mouth wired shut after the surgery but I still had to wear a splint that kept everything in place which was extremely painful. I got the splint out at my doctors appointment yesterday but I still can't eat for another 3 weeks. Being that I absolutely love food and usually eat constantly, it has been very difficult to get used to, especially with all the delicious Thanksgiving food. I am trying my hardest to stay postiive though, and it makes me extremely happy that I will be able to eat at Christmas!

Due to my surgery I haven't really been able to do anything. I can not go to school, exercise, or eat, like I said before. I am just about bored out of my mind but my school work keeps me busy with something to do. During this time, I have also learned not to ever take anything for granted because it is very difficult when you can't do simple things that you are used to always doing. It has been very hard but my recovery is half way over so hopefully the second half will go faster than the first half did!

Despite my surgery and recovery I have still been recruiting and promoting SLC to 4-Her's across the state. I highly recommend that if you have not signed up that you do so! The State Council Team along with our advisors have been busy planning and working on SLC and it is going to be a blast and I hope that everyone that would like to, or is even questioning going, definitely signs up! It's going to be a great time!

Until later, I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!

Dawn Craft
2012-2013 Pennsylvania State Council 
Vice President of Operations

No comments:

Post a Comment