Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Greetings!

Hello everyone! I hope that this note finds you well and ready
for another fun year in 4-H! My name is Jessica Lehman and I am your
Vice President-Internal Affairs. Let me welcome you to the council's
blog! I encourage you to visit on a regular basis as each officer will
be posting entries at least once a month to give you an update on
current events within the state.

After being inducted during the closing ceremonies of the State
Leadership Conference on January 30th, 31st, and February 1st at the
Penn Stater Hotel and Conference Center, we were all eager to get the
ball rolling for this year's program. Three weeks after the SLC, each
of the six council members made their way to a quaint, little town
southeast of State College, PA where Officer Training Weekend
was held. After three days of intense training, the 2009 Council is
full of new ideas and skills which we will use to serve you to the
best of our abilities. Our first order of business was to choose the
theme for the 2009 State Achievement Days and the 2010 State
Leadership Conference. After careful deliberation, Council chose State
Achievement Day's theme to be "Rev Up!" and State Leadership
Conference's theme to be "License to Lead!", a James Bond theme!

In closing, I ask you to contact me with any questions you may have
about the upcoming year or the 4-H program. Please feel free to visit
with me at Capital Days in Harrisburg from April 18th to the 21st or
at State Achievement Days on July 28th to 30th. I look forward to
meeting each of you!

I would like to leave you with one of my favorite quotes:
"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing you think you cannot do."
- Eleanor Roosevelt

Sincerely,
Jessica Lehman
Pennsylvania 4-H State Vice President-Internal Affairs

No comments:

Post a Comment