Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

HI,
Wow, what an exciting month February has been! First I will introduce myself. My name is Jeanette Blank and I will serve as the PA 4-H State Council Reporter/Historian, or if you ask my teammates, the “Historter”. I am a part of the Snyder County 4-H program in the Backyard Bunnies 4-H Club and Teen Council.
On February 1st the 2009 State Council was inducted during the State Leadership Conference. I was so excited to meet the other girls and also proud of my achievement, but at the same time I understand the great amount of responsibility I have in representing all of you.
Two weeks later I began promoting our Service Learning Project, Checkout the Silver. I prepared an ad for my school’s morning announcements, placed containers in the teacher’s lounge and library, and collected tabs during our King and Queen of Hearts Dance at Midd-West High School.
February 20-22 was our State Council Training at the Hartman Center in Milroy. During the weekend we discussed Council Responsibilities, Officer Duties, Goal Setting, Value of 4-H, People Skills, 4-H Fundamentals, 4-H Forum, Speeches, Balancing Council, Parliamentary Procedure, and Teaching Workshops. Along with learning how to better serve the 4-H program, the Training Weekend was a great bonding experience with the other girls.
February has been a wonderful first month as a State Council member. Throughout the year I look forward to meeting all of you!


A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked. -Bernard Meltzer, radio host and personality

No comments:

Post a Comment