Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Friday, May 8, 2009

April 2009

Hello once again fellow 4-H enthusiasts!
This is Jessica Lehman, Vice President of Internal Affairs. As summer rapidly approaches I know everyone is busy counting down the days, but I truly appreciate your continued dedication in viewing our blog. Please keep checking in as we will continue to update this as a way for you to know what is going on within this great state!

Yet another busy month has come and gone for your state officers. After a brief conference call at the beginning of the month, I headed to Wayne County for their 4-H Leader Training and Appreciation banquet on April 17th. I had a lovely time presenting a speech about the opportunities 4-H provides to everyone and anyone. I also had the chance to meet the members and officers of their local County Council and discuss some of the events which they participate in such as their 4-H camp. On April 18th all of your officers met in Harrisburg, PA to prepare for Capital Days which was April 19 – April 21. I enjoyed having the chance to visit with you and hope that you each took some of the skills you learned about Parliamentary Procedure, etiquette, and legislation home with you. My favorite part about Capital Days was being able to discuss 4-H with various legislators and Secretary of Agriculture Dennis Wolff.

On April 28th I also had the honor of attending the Agricultural and Extension Education Banquet in State College, PA. While at this banquet I had the opportunity to speak with the president of the FFA and tell him some of the events we do as 4-H members. This included State Leadership Conference, Capital Days, State Achievement Days, projects available, and much more! Also in attendance were members of the collegiate 4-H program who presented a small update of their current projects.

As I prepare to end my letter, I will leave you with the quote which I have promised and once again hope that you may take it to heart.


“I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom.”
-General George S. Patton

Until next time,
Jessica Lehman
Vice President of Internal Affairs

No comments:

Post a Comment