Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Congratulations Class of 2009!

Congratulations 4-H members the time is here at last, as May ends and June begins, summer vacation is right around the corner. Congrats to all of you who graduated. I’m sure you never thought this day would come! I also would like to say congratulations to the rest of the council team, as they are all seniors this year and have worked hard for the honor of wearing a cap and gown. As I finish out my junior year I am extremely excited for summer vacations, as I have many plans and trips coming up. At the end of June I will be traveling to Washington State as part of my county 4-H exchange trip. Last year 16 Somerset County 4-H members’ hosted other 4-H members from Thurston County, Washington State, so this summer we look forward to traveling and catching up with friends made from that exchange. The state 4-H council is going to be doing some exciting traveling in the middle of July as well. We all look forward to our trip to New Mexico as part of an exchange. Last year during our State Leadership Conference, members from the New Mexico council were in attendance to get some insight as to of how our conference works. We look forward to representing Pa 4-H and bringing back new ideas! The council has also been busy planning for State Days. We have some new ideas and hope that they will help everyone to “rev up” for an exciting three days. I hope to see you all there!
I would like to leave you with a quote from an unknown author that I feel 4-H helps us do throughout the summer-educate
“Your schooling may be over, but remember that your education still continues”
Good luck to all and be safe this summer,
Christy Lambert
Council Secretary

No comments:

Post a Comment