Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Monday, February 1, 2010

Life's a Dance, You Learn as You Go

Hey PA 4-H!
I hope that all of you had a great time getting your License to Lead at SLC 2010! I know I enjoyed myself the entire time. For those of you who missed it, here's what happened:

On Friday night, Council kicked off Opening Ceremonies by coming out of a giant vault (thank you, Phil Hoy) carrying bags of stolen soda tabs. One member tripped the laser alarm, beckoning Jamie Bond and her gang of Collegiate 4-Hers to save the day. Following some introductions, Mark Lowery came up to give the opening address. Following Mark's speech, Council led some icebreakers.
Saturday was once again filled with workshops on leadership. That evening we were blessed to have Regina Vella fill in for our scheduled Keynote Speaker Rhett Laubach, whose plane was grounded in Oklahoma. Following the address we held our dance, which was fun as it always is!
Sunday morning we presented a check to the PA Farm Bureau for $269 for the more than 620,000 soda tabs YOU collected! Great job PA! Then came the Closing Ceremonies, a difficult part for me as well as my team. As we each read our thank yous and goodbye, we took off our jacket and placed it on a chair. The 2010 Council, made up of 2008 and 2009 team members who will serve until August when inductions will be held during Stater Days, then came and put on the jackets. Your new State Council Team is: President-Jeanette Blank, Vice President of Operations-Jamie Forinash, Vice President of Events-Christy Lambert, Vice President of Internal Affairs-Emily Gabriel, Secretary-Rachel Gruver, and Reporter/Historian-Justine Bush.

The ceremony was really emotional as I thought about all the memories I have from the 2009 team. At the same time I am very excited to serve again in 2010 and serve PA 4-H as its President. Whoever would have expected that a shy 8-year-old would end her 4-H career as State President? Probably not my leaders, teachers, my family, and especially not me! The 2009 Council year definitely made me a better person and I will try to continue that this year as your President.

I already miss my "sisters".

See you all at Capital Days!
Jeanette Blank
2009 Reporter/Historian
2010 President

No comments:

Post a Comment