Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Here Comes Summer...

Summer is definitely on its way! We've been having some beautiful weather in Snyder County. Best of luck to all of you who are finishing up high school, including our own State Council members, Christy and Rachel, who will be attending college in the fall. Congratulations!

This month was not a very eventful month for me Council-wise. I attended my club's meeting this month after I came home from college. It was great because I haven't seen many of them in a long time.

We had a Council Conference Call this month where we mostly talked about State Days planning. Council is so excited to see your entries for our Green Gala video contest! We are in the process of making our script, choosing decorations, and deciding how we will spend our last days of Council.

This month I started an internship with the Snyder County Cooperative Extension Office. I'm working as the Agriculture Assistant where I work on programs like Well Water Quality, Noxious Weeds, and organizing a Grower's Market. It has been interesting to see the other side of Extension besides 4-H. I have now decided that if I do work in Extension after college, it will be 4-H related!

On June 5, Justine and I will be attending Farm City Day in Philadelphia County where we will be doing a project making soap. If you will be in the area, stop by Fox Chase Farm and say hello!

Please check out: our NEW Council homepage, http://ps4-hc.cas.psu.edu/, our newsletter,. the Clover Clipboard, at http://ps4-hc.cas.psu.edu/206.htm, our Facebook page called Pennsylvania 4-H and our Twitter page, at PA4-H.

In the spirit of 4-H,

Jeanette Blank

2010 State Council President


No comments:

Post a Comment