Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Coming Back


Last year I spent my sophomore year of high school in Brazil as a foreign exchange student, which taught me to appreciate what I do in life and to do the most I can possibly do. While I was in Brazil I thought a lot about my 4-H clubs and the opportunities that they gave me. I thought it would be a good idea to run for council, I was the first person from my county, McKean county, to be on Pennsylvania State 4-H Council.

A
s I got back I have gotten back into the swing of 4-H and am now the president of McKean county council. One very inspiring person has passed away in our 4-H, Mr. Larry Stratton. He has been involved in 4-H since the 1940's. I have always looked up to him as a leader and a friend. So I initiated an award called the Larry Stratton award because he was such and inspiring person, we thought it would be appropriate.

Council is a challenge to balance with school, friends, sports, family and everything else we do in our daily lives. But I believe it will be a very rewarding experience to have. I am looking forward to a great year with all the new people I will meet and my new council friends that I can trust and ask questions without being judged.

All the Best,

Steve McFall
2010/2011 Sentinel

No comments:

Post a Comment