Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Happy Hollowean

This month Northumberland County held it's first county council meeting. I am happy to say that a total of 10 people were able to attend plus the 2 advisers. This is a record amount since we tried restarting the county council 2 years ago. We are now able to plan events for the teens in Northumberland County. I am looking forward to the fun day we are planning in Feburary. Also this month I was able to attend the TAC (teen advisory committee) Meeting. TAC is essentially a multi-county meeting. I believe there were 5 counties represented at the meeting. After discussing the upcoming events, in the region and state, we played Minute to Win it games. Personally I enjoy these games because most are very challenging. I have found that I am very good at the game where you slide the cookie from your forehead to your mouth. Since this month is Halloween the Backwoodsmen 4-H club was going to participate in the Danville Halloween Parade. The theme was "4-H more then a 3 ring circus". The Tuesday before the parade members gathered at the 4-H center to assemble the float and make clown hats. We also played games and had snacks to enjoy. For the Backwoodsmen the 4-H years is under way and all members are excited to get started on their projects. I hope everyone enjoyed their Halloweens.

Until next time,
Sarah Bassett, President

No comments:

Post a Comment