Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Friday, December 2, 2011

Turkey Time

I must say this month has been my favorite of my time on council, but yet there are still more to come. At the begining of the month my county held our Annual Leader's Banquet where we recongize the 4-H leaders in my county. This I was givin the chance to speak as a State Council members and also tell about my experience so far. I have also had the chance to speak with a few people from Range Resources.

Thanksgiving was a good time for my family and I, but my vacation where I can sleep in everyday was cut short. I was chosen back in July to be a representative from my county to attend The National 4-H Congress in Atlanta, Georgia. I left home at 3:00am on Friday and returned at 5;30pm on Tuesday. This experience was one that i wish i could have again. The first day we were there was our pin exchange which was really cool because everyone brought pins representing their state or the area in whih they came from. The second day we got to do icebreakers whhich I can honestly say helped me to meet so many new people. I meant a guy from Ohio, some girls from Hawaii and even a guy from Puerto Rico, there were tons more people that i meant that week. I even meant people from my own state that I didnt know before. Also i got to spend time with two fellow council members and enjoy that great experience.

I hope everyone had an enjoyable Thanksgiving, and if anyone went hunting, or is going hunting that they are safe and have fun.

Bridget
2011-2012 Historian

No comments:

Post a Comment