Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Never Say Impossible!

A quote by Audrey Hepburn really explains how I have been involved during March. “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says I’m possible.” The month started with a face-to-face meeting with team building activities that bond me closer to my fellow team members. Some of the activities were taking what I knew about myself and digging deeper into something greater. We shared an unbelievable amount of items with the team that helped us to understand where we were all coming from.


I am proud to say that 3 of the 5 weekends in March were filled with 4-H events. I represented the team along side Sarah and Danny at Clinton County’s teen retreat. Here is where we engaged the youth in team building activities as well as spreading the news about events on the state level. A big point we tried to overlay was that we are always looking for State Council applicants. The application is on the Penn State 4-H site under State Council. If you have any questions you can contact any of us as council members, or you county extension educators. It’s an amazing opportunity!


In my home county we are celebrating the 100th Birthday of 4-H with a big event. To make the event a huge success a group of 4-Hers around the county as well as adult leaders has formed a committee. I serve on the committee and am helping to plan the early fall get together. We had our first meeting in March where we tossed around ideas as to what we want the event to be. I think we are well on our way to having a day of fun and excitement!


My next big adventure was rocking out the Leadership positions with Montgomery County 4-H. I actually just got home from a day of learning with this county. Here the teens learned how to be an effective communicator and leader in their clubs as officers.


It may have been a packed month of 4-H events, but during each event the team became stronger and more ready to tackle each future event. April will be filled with preparations for Capital Days. Hope to see you all there!


With something to think about,

Ashley Mohn

State Council Secretary


“Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions.”

No comments:

Post a Comment