Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Sunday, July 1, 2012


Title: Forget rain, sleet, and snow, It's off to Camp Brule we go!

Blog:

Last week on Sunday June 24th the councilors arrived at Camp Brule to do the final preparations for the Central Susquehanna Region 4-H Camp. I was so excited for another year of camp. This year was my 3rd year as a counselor and I had the honor of being Key Councilor. Most regions also know this role as Junior Camp Director. There was a total of 3 Key Councilors and I enjoyed working with them.

Enough about me, I'm glad to say that the campers had a lot of fun this year. Our theme was Natural Disasters, so the teams were based off of that. We had a total of six teams; Twisted Winds, Avalanche, Sinkholes, Tsunami, Mudslide, and Wild Fires. The councilors made team flags, and I have to say they turned out pretty awesome. At our camp fire every team had to do a song and a skit. I was excited that every team incorporated their team name into the song.

In the afternoons we had each team do a make and take craft with the campers. There were wind chimes, rain sticks, glow in the dark insects, and other awesome crafts! The campers enjoyed making these crafts that they could take home. After their make and take session the kids had 2 hours of free time to do activities like boating, swimming, fishing, and leather craft.

I could write on and on about what the campers did and how they had so much fun. However, I can't express just how much fun they had. You'll just have to take my word for it.

Until next time,

Sarah Bassett, President

No comments:

Post a Comment