Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Monday, July 30, 2012

The end is near


“Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it’s the middle that counts. You have to remember this when you find yourself at the beginning.” Starting the council journey just under a year ago I would have never thought of all the wonderful opportunities I would encounter, the contacts I would make or the family I would create as a member. All of these things came true as my experiences were gained. I can honestly say this year has been the best year of my entire life.
Standing on the stage of the Eisenhower auditorium being inducted was where my mind was made up that I would do anything I had to do as a member of the council team to make it a great year. The first task as a council member was Ag Progress Days. Here I had a blast creating seedling necklaces with the youth that attended. The event was a highlight on my council path since it was the first chance I could wear that green polo.
Meeting Governor Corbett and the first lady, Secretary Greig, and all of the amazing 4-Hers in our state have also been highlights. Life’s not the breath you take but the moments that take your breath away. My breath was taken away as I slipped on the green jacket and headed to the Governor’s mansion for breakfast. Having the opportunity to even shake hands with him let alone sit at the same breakfast table was a  chance of a lifetime. 
Being on council is a big task for an entire year. There are requirements that must be filled but as those are filled you have more opportunities to go places with that green jacket. As a council member you learn a ton about yourself, the 4-H program, and leadership qualities. This is a shout out to all 4-H members that think they would be a good candidate to be on council to apply. It is a chance you do not want to miss!
Its not going to get easier, no time can be stopped, and I definitely can’t look back. All the miles I traveled was for one purpose, promote Pennsylvania 4-H. I thank everyone that invited me to attend their promotion, the energetic 4-Hers that I could interact with and of course my council team. It has been a fantastic year that I will never forget. There comes a time and a place to say goodbye and this would be it.
As a final blog post I will put on my seatbelt and head off to the next chapter of my life. With something to think about,
Ashley Mohn
PA 4-H State Council Secretary
“Line by line, page by page, you write the chapters of your life... Tomorrow is the beginning of a new chapter--a new scene in your life--with the hope of a good ending. Make every keystroke count.”

No comments:

Post a Comment