Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Friday, February 1, 2013

Time Flies When You're Having Fun!

I can absolutely not believe that January is already over. I feel like it was just Christmas and New Years; but that's a whole month away now! I hope that all of the state 4-Her's had a blast at the Pennsylvania Farm Show, and of course, at SLC because I know that the state council sure did. Hopefully, everyone is getting ready to attend Capital Days!

Farm Show is always something that I look forward to at the beginning of the year! It's a great way to get back into show season after my county fair in September. This year at Farm Show sure was a great one! I placed third with my goat, London, and I recieved Master Showman as well. To make it even better, she made it to the sale on Tuesday and was bought to be a breeding doe so I know that she went to a great home. I also showed my pig Cocoa at the Farm Show. He also recieved third in his class but he didn't behave quite as well as London did. But in the end, I made it to the sale with both of my animals and made out pretty well.

I love being at the Farm Show to show my animals but I also loved being there with the State Council. We did so many fun and interesting things that I never even knew of before then. I had the honor of carrying the 4-H flag in the opening ceremonies. I had such a great time with the council. It didn't matter if we were out talking, interacting with people or making decorations for SLC together at the hotel. We always have fun! The 2013 Farm Show was definitely the best one yet!

I would also like everyone to take a moment and give thanks for all of the blessings in their lives. My dear friend and fellow council member, Cassidy, was in an awful  car accident the week of farm show. After losing one of my classmates to a car crash in September, I was very upset and worried about her. I'm so grateful and blessed to be able to say even though she is not completely healthy yet, she is on a great road to recovery and she will continually be in my prayers. I'm so glad that she got to be with us at SLC and will be able to continue the rest of the journey with our council, team, and new-found family. We all love you Casss!

I hope that everyone had a great January, and I hope that everyone has a very Happy Valentine's Day!

Until next time,
Dawn Craft- 2012/2013 Pennsylvania State Council Vice President of Operations

No comments:

Post a Comment