Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Thursday, February 28, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEXI!


Hello Everyone!


I think that it’s time for me to introduce you to someone that is very special in my life... my horse, Lexi! 
Lexi is a beautiful sorrel and is a registered Quarter Horse that goes by the name, “Chips Are Deluxe” whenever she is in the show ring.  Lexi enjoys many things such as eating, exploring, eating, going on adventures, eating, and oh, did I forget to mention – eating?  Lexi has a very sweet nature and it was a true blessing that our paths crossed and she became mine…


After losing my much beloved pony, Babe, two weeks before the first show of the show season, I was very upset - not because I couldn’t show – but because I lost a friend of mine.  Babe and I had a unique bond and my greatest fear was that I would never find another horse that I would connect to like I had with Babe. 
As they say, “good things come to those who wait”, and it was in the middle of summer that a friend of mine told me about a sorrel Quarter Horse that needed a home. Taking their suggestion, I met Lexi and it was “love at first sight” and “the rest was history” (pretty cliché, I know).


So why am I telling you about this?  Well, Lexi just celebrated her sixteenth birthday on February 26!  So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEXI!  I am so thankful to have found a well-mannered and loving horse.  Although the doctors have not cleared me to ride yet, hopefully I’ll be back in the saddle soon (fingers crossed)!


Well, in completely unrelated news, Capital Days is quickly approaching!  I can’t wait to see everyone in Harrisburg for this amazing event.  It’s sure to be a blast and your PA 4-H State Council couldn’t be more excited!  See you shortly! 
Until later, 
Cassidy Baker
2012/2013 PA 4-H State Council President 
Photo by John Hudson Photography
 "Flaming enthusiasm, backed up by horse sense, and persistence, is the quality that most frequently makes for success.”
Dale Carnegie

No comments:

Post a Comment