Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

County Fairs-there's nothing better!

Hey PA 4-H!
September has been a more relaxed month for Council as we ease into college life.
On September 12, I attended Snyder County 4-H Round Up. This is where all the 4-Hers have their final projects judged. I had several projects judged including Rabbits, Teen Leadership, President Book, and Camp Counselor. After judging was over and helping with Teen Council clean-up, we enjoyed a meal provided by various families.
My county fair, Beaver Fair, was held September 20-26. On Sunday my brother, sister, and I had our rabbits checked- and weighed-in. One of my sale rabbits just made its maximum weight; had it been over I would not have been able to sell it. Monday night was the show. Although my breeder rabbits (the older ones) did not do very well, my meat rabbits (the ones for sale) and showmanship classes went much better. In the Single Fryer class I came in second…to my nine year old sister! But she went on to win Grand Champion so I was very proud of her. In the Senior Showmanship Division, I won first and advanced o compete for Supreme Rabbit Showman, but came in second. Thursday night was the Livestock Sale and I sold my Meat Pen and Single Fryer rabbits.
I have also continued to find donors for SLC 2010. I contacted more smaller businesses around my hometown as well as larger corporations (Tyson Foods, Hoard’s Dairyman Magazine) and some famous 4-H alumni (Reba McEntire, Faith Hill, Vince Gill, Craig Morgan, Luke Bryan, and Ricky Skaggs).

In the Spirit of 4-H,
Jeanette Blank
State Council Reporter/Historian

COUNTDOWN TO SLC: 121 DAYS

“Your health affects all you do. The key to good health is to eat right, sleep right, exercise right, and treat others right.”

No comments:

Post a Comment