Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Where has summer gone?

Hello fellow 4-Hers!
As I sit here in my dorm writing this blog to inform you of all the exciting events within PA 4-H, a cold, damp wind whips the dried leaves past my window and I am reminded of how quickly this year is flying by, before you know it State Leadership Conference will be here again!
This month has been probably the fastest month of my life. I have never been so busy, but at least it keeps things from getting dull. I have been driving home and back to college all week because this week is my fair (Bloomsburg Fair) and I don’t want to miss my final year of showing! If any of you stop in, please feel free to find me in the dairy or equine barn!
State Council has been off again working hard to serve you to our best ability. Your Vice-President of Conference, Alex, and I attended the 4-H Tailgate in State College on September 12th where we once again had the opportunity to speak with Dr. Bruce McPheron, Dean of Agricultural Sciences at the Pennsylvania State University. We also met with an array of 4-H alumni, some of whom so graciously donate time and funding back to our wonderful 4-H program. Please be sure to thank these people for all of their hard work and dedication, 4-H would not be possible without the tremendous amount of support we receive from our amazing volunteers and alumni!
As for State Leadership Conference, we have some extremely exciting items planned for this year! Our theme is “License to Lead,” a spy/James Bond type theme and our workshops range from 360 Communications to Stress Management. Just wait until you hear our speaker too! This year we are having Rhett Laubach speak to you! Rhett Laubach is funny and entertaining but also has a many very important messages within each story which I hope that you can use in your own life.
Lastly I would like to remind you to keep collecting those tabs! It’s not hard to do, but it can make a world of difference for a family in need. Remember, all tabs are donated to the Ronald McDonald House located in Danville, PA. These tabs are used to pay for families to live at Geisinger while their child undergoes treatment. Simply collecting these tabs will make a huge difference for these families, so please keep collecting!

The quote I will leave you with is:
“There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.”
-Denis Waitley


Have an amazing fall and I can’t wait to see you soon!

Jessica Lehman
j.lehman09@gmail.com
PA State Vice-President of Internal Affairs

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out guys! We are going to have a great conference in January! Your readers can visit my websites to get to know me a little and our leadership services before conference:

    www.YourNextspeaker.com - My speaking website
    www.PersonalLeadershipInsight.org - My leadership curriculum and blog site
    www.AuthenticityRules.com - My Presentation Coaching blog

    They can also connect with me on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter (yournextspeaker is my Twitter handle.)

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete