Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sun Shine and Summer

The sun is shinning and the warm weather is here! What does that mean? Its summer time!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe in about a month I will be done with State council. The time has flown but it has been the best experience I had and was glad to be able to do it again. July 1st is the deadline for the Green Gala Video Contest. Did you submit your best 4-H project, recruitment or county council video yet? You still have a little bit of time. And your county can win up to $150! Your video will be featured at the opening of state days! Good luck to all video contestants! Also at State days is PENNY WARS! Bring your pennies and other lose change and see which region can win! All procees go to the Ronald McDonald house!

During the month I was able to travel to Philidelphia with Jeanette to help with the Fox Chase Table. We made soap with the children and adults that stoped at our table. It was very rewarding to be able to talk with the parents about my experience in 4-H, how it has helped me in life and the activities their child could get involved in. A lot of the parents thought this was a great program and signed their child up an took more information on the programs. Hopefully they can join clubs and start gainning the benefits like I was able to.

I started my volunteer work again and I am having fun while doing it. I get to help at the front desk of an independent living center. While working their I help by answering the phone and door, while entering information into the computer. Some times it gets caotic but I deal with one thing at a time.

State council is busy working on State Days and hope it will be fun for everyone. For more information be sure to check the website or contact your local 4-H office! Deadline is approach fast!

Hope everyone's summer is great!

Until then

Justine Bush
Historian/Reporter

No comments:

Post a Comment