Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sunshine and Summertime....

Hey PA 4-H!
Wow this has been a busy month! Between Council, 4-H responsibilities in my county, my internship with Extension, and an additional 4-H internship, things have been crazy for me.
On June 3, I visited the Union County Teen Council during their monthly meeting. I talked with them about State Days, how to be on Council, and led a teambuilding activity that they all enjoyed.
On June 5, Justine and I traveled to Philadelphia for Farm to Table Day. There we did a soap-making project with the kids and talked to them about 4-H.
Council also had a Conference Call this month where we did planning for State Days. Our Opening Ceremonies script is in the works and we hope you will enjoy it!
During the week of the 20th, I attended Camp Brule as a counselor along with other staff and campers from Columbia, Lycoming, Montour, Northumberland, Snyder, and Union Counties. It was a great week! It was bittersweet though for me because it was my last year as a counselor. During the week I served as one of two Key Counselors, sometimes called Junior Camp Directors. Part of my responsibility was to teach a workshop for the Campers-at-Training (CATs). They will hopefully all be counselors next year.
We can't wait to see you all at State Days and look forward to seeing those entries for the video contest! Remember to bring your spare change for the Penny Wars and keep saving those soda tabs for the Ronald McDonald House at SLC!
Please check out our NEW Council homepage: http://ps4-hc.cas.psu.edu , our newsletter, The Clover Clipboard and our Facebook page called Pennsylvania 4-H.

In the spirit of 4-H,
Jeanette Blank
PA State Council President

No comments:

Post a Comment