Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Saturday, July 31, 2010

It's not forever

This is not forever... It may be my last post as a State Council Member but this will most certainly not be the end of 4-H in my Life. I've begun my journey as Adult Volunteer in Crawford County. It's only a matter of time before I have a club of my own to Lead and encourage.

State Days which is only in a few days will be the last event for the 2010 council as a council. So if you are attending you better be ready to have a TON OF FUN!!! the Green Gala is gonna rock! You're going to have fun attending all your events, meeting people from around the state, and chillen with The Coolest Girls in Pennsylvania, The 2010 State 4-H Council Girls that is. =)
Remember, like the Black Eyed Peas say in their one song... To Live it Up!

This month I've been promoting 4-H around the county. I've painted my car again as well as others and have helped with a few local fundraisers. This summer has especially been a special one for me and 4-H because I've found myself sharing my story as well as others 4-H stories of how the program impacted our lives. I did some volunteering this month of July. I feel I especially made a difference in one of my elders lives when I volunteered to go on a trip to walmart. I was paired with him and needless to say he was so excited that he spent all his money in the first 10 minutes that we arrived. So I improvised. We tried on hats and sunglasses and we sang some camp songs (The Lemme Song!!!) and we played some camp games too like Squirt! Vincent said this was the best time he's had with anyone at Walmart.

For me, 4-H has encouiraged me to be outgoing like this example, and think quickly on my feet. It has helped me in the workplace as well. I recently had a promotion and I know my time on council helped me with my interview skills as well as just my people/proffesional skills in general.

4-H has made such a difference in my life, and I hope anyone who was a shy 10 year old kid like I was, has a parent like mine that will begin this program with their child because it will really make a difference. I owe my accomplishments to this program. I reccomend it to anyone! And anyone interestred in making a difference and representing Pennsylvania remember to apply for State 4-H Council at State Days!

See you all there, and remember to stay safe during all your summer activities.

To my fellow Council members, This is not the end, but only the beginning of the greatest days of our lives!!

It has been truly Wonderful,

Jamie Forinash

2010 Council Vice President of Operations

No comments:

Post a Comment