Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hanging up the Jacket

When I signed up for 4-H nine years ago I had no idea that I would be sitting here tonight writting my last blog as a state officer! Its been a CRAZY past year and a half! Over the year I changed SO much as a person!. I saw myself showing leadership skills in both the team and in all my other activities. I would honestly never be the person I am today without the experiences I have had as a council member. Traveling the state and getting to make friends with the rest of the team are moments I would never trade for anything in the world! Council has honestly helped me find myself when I didn't even know I was lost.
I told myself if I was asked to do it again I would say yes in a heartbeat. So in July when asked to serve a half term to help with the transition between councils I knew yes was my only answer. In January I headed to State Leadership Conference again and this time came home Vice President of Events! It was sad saying goodbye to Laura, Alex, and Jess but I have had a great time becoming new friends with Justine and Rachel!
Over the year, you the 4-H members. have seen the put together, serious council team always ready for the next task. However, I must say behind the curtain there is alot of craziness that goes on. We have our share of laughs and fun. We have countless inside jokes, laughed at our "dumb" moments, and even grew closer as we became the shoulders we each could cry on.
For those of you who are applying for council my best of luck to you. My advice is to never shut your eyes for a minute because you don't want to miss anything. Take all the brick walls you may have up down and be open to let council change you as a leader and as a person! You are representing an AMAZING program and should always be proud. Trust me, if you take your office seriously you will be wanting to never take that hot green jacket off. You will get the chance to be taught by some of the best people you'll ever meet. Take their advice to heart. Be friends with your team-you may find your new best friend or sister/brother at heart.
In less than a week I will drive to State College for the last time as an officer and hang up my now ,well broken in jacket. But I will forever take with me the memories, friendships, and lessons I have made. 4-H will always have a special place in my heart where ever my life takes me!
Good Luck to everyone next week!
For the last time your State VPE,
Christy Lambert

No comments:

Post a Comment