Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Friday, July 30, 2010

So Long, Farewell

Hey PA!
It's hard to believe that this is my last Council blog entry and in less than a week I will be hanging up my green jacket for good.

July 7th was my region's Teen Day Away. We played carnival-themed games throughout the day and had time to hang out with other teens.

This month Council had a Face to Face meeting where we did a lot of preparation for State Days. We finished our scripts for Opening Ceremonies, practiced daily scripts, and started decorations. Also in the afternoon we watched all your video entries for the contest. We saw some great videos, but you will have to come to State Days to see the winners revealed! Council has an exciting schedule while all of you are enroute to University Park; we have an appointment with Penn State President Graham Spanier, among others! We promise that Opening Ceremonies will be entertaining and full of sparkle! We are also excited to see how our new selection process for the next Council will work with the new voting system.

Sadly this is also the 2010 Council's final event as the Induction Ceremony will now take place at the conclusion of State Days. This has been one of the greatest experiences of my life and I wouldn't change a thing. I know that every Council member before me has said this and I probably didn't believe them then, but being on Council has changed my life. It's not as hard for me to start a conversation with someone I don't know and my time management skills are better than they were before! I recommend Council to anyone who is really passionate about 4-H.

I wish the best to my fellow teammates; they are some of the greatest people in the world and I'm proud to call them my friends! I love you all!

I can't wait to see you all at State Days!

For the last time, in the spirit of 4-H,
Jeanette Blank
State Council President

No comments:

Post a Comment