Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Where is all the snow?!

Hey everyone! December didn't give us much snow so hopefully January will! I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable Christmas and New Year. Although it wasn't the white Christmas that everyone hopes for, it was still a great time to be able to be with family. It was great to go see my Grandma, cousins, aunts, and uncles and it was also great to be able to Skype my sister while we all opened presents. One of the best presents that I received, was a kitten that my dad got me because I had been wanting her ever since she was born and of course when i opened the bag she was in, I cried my eyes out because I was so happy! But by far the best present was being there as a family on Christmas.

Earlier in the month, I started my new job at a pet store! I never knew how much work went into taking care of all the animals and keeping the store looking spotless. It has definitely been one of the best jobs I have ever worked at because hopefully someday, I will become a Vet!

Another great experience was when my mom and I took over the donations that my local 4-H club had collected for Centre Wildlife Care near State College. It was incredible to see some of the animals that they had and all the work they put into helping them recover so that someday they can be released back into the wild.

As for January and the many months of 2012 to come, the State Council has many exciting events to come! Farm Show is quickly approaching and we can't wait to be there. Also this month is the State Leadership Conference! It is going to so much fun this year and will definitely be one to remember!

Have a Happy New Year!!

Truly,
Liz McAndrew
State 4-H Council Vice President of Operations and Events

No comments:

Post a Comment