Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Thursday, May 31, 2012

1 in 8 Million Chance!

 My cousin, Raina Wolfe, shows cows through the 4-H program, and if it wasn't for that she wouldn't have had the amazing experience that she had on May 16th.
  After school I sometimes watch my cousins. That Thursday when I went over to babysit I was greeted by a very excited Raina. She couldn't wait to tell me about her 3 new calves. Her cow, Mizzy, had triplets! It was amazing that they all survived. From what I have learned from my uncle it is rare for all 3 triplets to survive. However, there was something even more spectacular. All 3 calves were heifers! According Holstein World this is a 1 in 8 million chance. Raina named the 3 calves Bizzy, Tizzy, and Lizzy.  I am very surprised that she can tell them apart.
    Not only did 4-H give Raina the opportunity to say that she beat all odds with her calves, but it also gave her an opportunity to work on her public speaking. Since the calves were so rare Raina had several interviews for TV and news papers. I have to say that she did really well with the interviews.

Congratulations Raina on the calves!

Sarah Bassett, President

No comments:

Post a Comment