Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Traveling the state

One of the things that I do a lot these days is traveling.  It's funny how I am place geographically in PA that I can be in many other places around the US and even Canada. I mean really 45 minuets east I'll be in New York, 45 minuets west I'll be in Ohio, and 45 minuets north I'll be in Lake Erie.  It may seem weird to be someone to live somewhere that if you go the wrong way you might be in a different state within a short time, but for me the opposite is true.

For the same Time it takes me to go Pittsburgh, PA I could be in Cleveland, OH or even Buffalo, NY.  Instead of being at Penn State I could be at Ohio State or even Syracuse for the same time, not that I would want to be.   In less time then going to these university I could visit the Niagara Falls, ether US or Canada side.  A trip to Harrisburg, I've made that trip a few times, but I could be in Cincinnati, OH and use the same amount of fuel.  If I wanted to go to Philadelphia I might think to go to New York City for close to the same time.  For all the diffident places I can be I do stay in this state a lot.

One thing is for sure, I do like to travel the state and seeing the great things on the road. From the Rivers in Pittsburgh, to the mountains in central Pennsylvania, its all a great sight.  Even though I don't have to be in PA and that I could be in many other places, I can't find it in me to be in another state.  Pennsylvania is in my blood and I don't think it will leave me.



Sincerely,
VP of Internal Affairs & Sentinel
John Hess Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment