Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Enjoying that winter-summer weather...

Hey PA 4-H!
I hope that all of you are enjoying this crazy weather! I know that here at Penn State we have been in shorts one day and winter coats the next day!

A lot has been going on in 4-H. On March 9, Jamie and I traveled to Harrisburg for a Penn State College of Ag Capitol Day. During the day we sat in on the College budget briefing, watched the opening session of the House, and later scooped ice cream for legislators and their office staff. I was so sore the next day from all that scooping! Jamie and I had a great time and my family enjoyed having her at our house.

While I was home for Spring Break I had a chance to go to my first 4-H club meeting since the summer. It was so exciting to see everyone and meet new members who have joined since I left. I also gave a short talk about what all I have been up to with Council since August.

All of us on Council are gearing up for our next events, Capital Days in April and State Days in August. During Capital Days we will talk to legislators about 4-H during office visits and lead all of you in a mock legislative session of the Green and White parties. Our theme for State Days has also been announced and will be Green Gala. Keep watching for information on a video contest that you can enter for the event!

This month also contained PA 4-H Week. To help celebrate, I posted a message on the PA 4-H Facebook page telling members to make their profile picture a 4-H theme. Be sure to check out the Pennsylvania 4-H page for the most up-to-date 4-H news!

Communicating with State Council is a great way for you to have your ideas heard! We are 4-H members--just like you--who have connections with those people who make decisions about events and how PA 4-H is run. If you have concerns about anything or would like to request a state officer for your next event, please do not hesitate to contact us. My email address is jmblank3@gmail.com.

Please check out: our NEW Council homepage, http://ps4-hc.cas.psu.edu/ , our newsletter, the Clover Clipboard, at http://ps4-hc.cas.psu.edu/206.htm, our Facebook page called Pennsylvania 4-H and our Twitter page, at PA4-H.

In the spirit of 4-H,
Jeanette Blank
2010 State Council President

No comments:

Post a Comment