Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Ride of a Life Time

May was a crazy month for me, from start to finish! The first week of May was Capital Days which just happened to be the same week as my finals at college, so there was a lot of pressure. Then after school was out I had a one day break because it was time to start working on my 240 hours for my internship and my minimester of summer school would begin. The class I took over the minimester was speech. The class was four days a week, for three weeks, and was 4 hours a night. The speech class was surprisingly a lot of fun. Fourteen complete strangers and I went to this class every night. As I went to class I learned something new about these people (probably more then we ever wanted to know), by playing icebreakers. We also did a group assignment, which again was a lot of fun. By the end of the class, I was actually very sad, because those strangers I met the first day are now my friends for life. The very last class the teacher set us in a circle and she gave us all a possible bag. It was a bag filled with quotes, ways to succeed in life, and the famous poem written by Robert Frost called The Road Not Taken. There are two quotes I received that I would like to share with everyone.


"Remember that there is no thrill in easy sailing when the skies are clear and blue; there is no joy in merely doing things which anyone can do. But there is some satisfaction that is mighty sweet to take when you reach a destination that you thought you would never make."


The second quote is...


"Each of us has twenty four hours a day and seven days a week. Time is available as an equal opportunity for everyone. Each of us just perceives time in a different way."


I know what these quotes mean to me but as you all are sitting here reading this think about what they mean to you.


Now that speech class is over which was a bittersweet experience for me I will take all those life skills I learned and will carry the memories I shared with those people forever. Speech class and work pretty much wiped out the whole month of May, but I did plan one more thing on the last Day. I actually got to go to the Montgomery school district, and give about an hour presentation to three Fourth grade classes. I talked to them about 4-H and and all the projects offered through the program. It was so great to see all the excited kids and how interested they seemed. I enjoyed my time with them and they all seemed to enjoy it too. Now that May is over I hope June will be just as fun and exciting as May was.


State Council Secretary


~Samantha Gstalder~

No comments:

Post a Comment