Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween Everyone!

I hope that everyone has had a great halloween. Whether it be spending time trick or treating with family, or carving a cool design into a pumpkin to make a jack o'lantern, or just sitting around watching the halloween specials on tv; just make it fun. I spent Thursday night trick or treating with my siblings and my nephews. It was a lot of fun, but it was COLD! We didn't go for very long, because none of us really wanted to stay out for too long in the cold weather. I noticed though that there were kids being taken door to door by their relatives in a car! Yea, I am not going to lie. I was shocked by that. Now granted, it would be nice for that night to do that, but still I think the fun of it is being able to take a nice stroll around the town, plus it's better for you and the kids. Good exercise.

Taking it to a different subject, but similar meaning. I think that it is important to work toward your rewards. Now, some people wouldn't mind having things just dished out to them so they can just gobble it up and get the complete benefit from it, but where is the satisfaction in that? There isn't. That person may like it, but it will be an empty way to live. When you work hard in order to accomplish a goal or task then you will be able to enjoy the outcome of it. You will be able to look back and (hopefully) feel satisfied of what you have done. Your hard work may not be for the benefit of yourself, but could be for others. You 4-Hers know about hard work and getting fulfillment out of the rewards, even if they are small feats.

This month for me 4-H has been dwindling down to a slow beat. It is weird not seeing my 4-H friends as much, because I used to see them every week and now with school and everything else going on I hardly see them anymore besides at meetings. We keep in touch of course, but still it's strange to not be going to as many 4-H events anymore. I have been busy trying to convince several in my county, and surrounding counties to come and join in on the fun at SLC! It's going to be a great time, and I cannot wait to see you there.

I have a busy month planned ahead of me as October passes. Ah November. The month of NaNoWriMo! Where I (as well as many others) and several of my siblings are challenged to write 50,000 words in a month. It's a lot of fun, and crazy. I have to balance that with school, work, family, and Council. Luckily it is only a month long, and one that will keep me busy. At the end of November a few Council members are going to be joining you out to National 4-H Congress, and I hope that everyone that is going this year will have a great time! I have gone before, and LOVED it. So enjoy yourself, and accept the challenge before you! Those of you just hearing of it this year, be sure to contact your Educator about it so that you can go next year, you won't be sorry. (....well you might if you don't find out more about it!)


Until next time,


Danielle Knapp
Reporter

No comments:

Post a Comment