Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Already Preparing....

Hello Everyone!!!

How has everyone been enjoying this crazy weather? I think that Christmas is coming early!! But besides the point of the early lovely snow, everywhere around me is completely flooded; including all of my poor animals! I feel so bad for them but they have been handling it very well. My poor little farm show pigs got it the worst and they are even a little sick. But I'm sure that they will be better soon and then they will be completely recovered for the farm show! Which I am super excited for, I can't believe it is only 2 months away, it seems like school just started but the first nine weeks is already over! Boy does time fly! But I can't wait for the Farm Show and I'm sure everyone else feels the same way!

The Farm Show is one of my favorite times of the year and is a nice break from school right after Christmas! I show market swine and market goats at the Farm Show and I am currently raising four animals; two pigs and two goats. My pigs names are Cocoa and Mocha. They are both purebred Duroc barrows and they are such sweethearts. They have such personalities and a joy to work with! I can not wait to show one of them at the Farm Show but I haven't yet decided who that is going to be.

My goats names are London and Paris. They are both purebred Boer does and are darlings! They are super spoiled though and are looking a little porky so they are going to have to shed a few pounds before show day but they both look great and I am super excited to show my pig and goat at the Farm Show.

Some of you may not know this so I will briefly explain what I mean when I say that I haven't yet decided which animal I will be showing. At the Farm Show, you can only show one of a species of market animal so I can only show one of my goats and one of my pigs, but I will raise them both right up until the show so I can show the nicest one possible. Being that it is Farm Show and that I have worked with my animals very hard all year, I want to do as well as I possibly can.

Can't wait for the Farm Show! I hope I see everyone there!

Dawn Craft
PS4-HC- Vice President of Operations

No comments:

Post a Comment