Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Good Kind of Crazy


Hello Everyone!

CRAZY!  That’s how I’d like to describe this past month.  With so many events, deadlines, dates, and so much to do… this month has been packed!  Of course though, this month has been crazy in a good kind of way!

As many counted the days until Christmas, I was counting down the days until the 2013 PA Farm Show!  At the Farm Show, your PA 4-H State Council was out and about doing what we love most – promoting 4-H!  From Today’s Ag Unveiling to the PA Preferred Banquet to the Hess BBQ Booth and even at the Opening Ceremonies, your State Council had a visible and prestigious presence.  It was during the Opening Ceremonies that I had the privilege of emceeing the entire festivity– something I was extremely thrilled about!  The first week of PA Farm Show went by quickly and my team and I had a fantastic time bonding and representing PA 4-H!  Now, we weren't finished with Farm Show just yet!  After a couple days of recovery, the majority of the PA 4-H State Council, including myself, planned on returning to the PA Farm Show for additional events.

It was within this time frame away from the PA Farm Show that I was unfortunately involved in an automobile accident and was hospitalized due to a spleen laceration.  That being said, I was unable to attend the rest of the PA Farm Show.  Instead of attending the Public Officials Day Brunch, I was in the hospital.  I was not able to deliver the speech I had written, and I was unable to participate in the much anticipated “Celebrity Cow Milking Contest”.  Life throws you curve balls and it definitely knocked me out with awful timing.  Fortunately though, I have an amazing and wonderful State Council that has provided much encouragement and support.  Tyler, the VP of Events, agreed to fill in for me and I cannot thank him enough for that.  As a team, they all offered me words of encouragement and wished me well.  Looking on the bright side of things, it once again made me feel so truly blessed to be working with such a great group of people.  I cannot say enough for my State Council.

After being released from the hospital, I was able to attend the 2013 PA 4-H State Leadership Conference.  As they say, “rain or shine the show must go on”!  There was no way I was going to allow my injury to keep me away from the State Leadership Conference!

The 2013 State Leadership Conference was a true success!  I cannot express how great of a time I had meeting so many delegates, playing with the bubbles from the bubble machine, eating chocolate, and interacting with everyone.  Did you notice that the t-shirts smelled like chocolate?!  Also, did anyone else see that Oompa Loompa besides me…?   Well, I hope everyone that went enjoyed themselves and plan to come back next year!

But I hope everyone knows that the fun doesn’t have to stop at SLC!  There are so many other opportunities that 4-H has to offer and one of them is coming up soon and that is… CAPITAL DAYS!  So make sure to sign up soon because the deadline is approaching!  If you had fun at SLC, you won’t want to miss Capital Days!  Also, make sure to spread the word!  One of our State Council goals is to see attendance increase so make sure to tell everyone and we’ll see you there!

Until later,

Cassidy Baker
2012/2013 Pennsylvania 4-H State Council President

“In union there is strength.”
Aesop
The 2012/2013 PA 4-H State Council at
the PA 4-H State Leadership Conference!
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
Margaret Mead






No comments:

Post a Comment