Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Thursday, January 31, 2013

One busy month

Its hard to believe that it has been a month since Farm Show.  Even though it seemed like the only thing that we were doing was running around the entire complex or helping at the BBQ booth I enjoyed my time in Harrisburg.  I would say the most memorable part was working at the Hess' BBQ booth (no relation) and raising money for 4-H with my fellow council members.  I would like to say good job to Tyler at the celebrity cow milking contest as well even though your team did not win you did great with the stubborn cow that you  had.

After Farm Show it was our big event SLC!!! I've went to SLC two years before this year and I was so exited to actually  have the chance to run my favorite state event.  The two years that I've went I had a great time, and I wanted to give an even better experience then I had.  I believe that did happen because all I have heard was great feedback! I have have had a few friends that I have met the first year I went to SLC come up to me and say it was the best one that they have gone to, that meant a lot to me.

The week after SLC your state council went to Clearfield County to teach officers training.  This was a great opportunity to meet more 4-H members around the state.  The exciting part of that day was actually on my way home.  My wheel actually feel off my truck!  Yes, I am fine. Some things needed replaced on my truck, which is back on the road.  looking back I am very lucky that no one got hurt and that my wheel didn't hit anyone else, and that my grandfather was coming home from Hershey so he was able to give me a ride back home.  I'm not one to complain, moan, and look at the bad things that happen in life, so I look at this and call it a "learning experience".

Until next time,
John Hess, State Vice President of Internal Affairs and Sentinel 

No comments:

Post a Comment