Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Tick Tock.


Hello Everyone!

This year, I am again participating in one of my favorite sports, cheerleading.  Often times, people are amazed that I am both a cheerleader and equestrian, not to mention an avid and active 4-H member.  Basketball games just started this past month, which means that cheerleading now consumes most of my time.  In other words, here comes the art of time management.  

“How are you able to be a cheerleader, ride your horse, work a part-time job, do well in school, and be so dedicated to the 4-H program?” is something that I have been asked quite a bit now.  Well my dear friends, it is all about time management.  Over the years, I have learned that if you are doing what you love doing, things will get done.  If you put forth the effort, you can accomplish what you set out to achieve.  That is true, however, only if you truly commit yourselves to everything in which you partake.  This is something that I find myself struggling with sometimes.  It is not an easy skill to master and it is one that I admit that I am still working on.  

That being said, I CANNOT WAIT for the 2013 Farm Show and the 2013 PA 4-H State Leadership Conference!  The next couple of weeks are going to be crazy, but I am ecstatic!  For all of you heading out to the Farm Show, your State Officer team is excited to see you there!  And last but definitely not least, I am so thrilled for SLC!  Bubbles, chocolates, games, friends, food, and fun!  It’s sure to be a blast!

Until later,

Cassidy Baker
2012/2013 Pennsylvania 4-H State Council President
 

PCS Varsity Cheerleaders

“Don’t be fooled by the calendar. There are only as many days in the year as you make use of. One man gets only a week’s value out of a year while another man gets a full year’s value out of a week.”
Charles Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment