Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Summer Time!

Hello Everyone,

I have had an amazing first month to my summer and I hope that everyone can agree with me on that! I have been very busy but it has been worth it! I have already had many amazing experiences this summer in and out of 4-H. At the beginning of June, my county took a 4-H trip to New York which was so beautiful and amazing. Between the monuments, buildings, the Statue of Liberty, the shopping, everything was breathtaking. It was a great experience, I got to spend time with my friends and I learned a lot!

After an amazing trip to New York, I got to spend the weekend in Cedar Point with my cross country team. This was very important and special to me because this is the last year that I will get to spend with them being that I am going to be a senior. It is sad, but at the same time it is bittersweet, I don't want to leave my team but I am ready to finish my high school career in an amazing way. The weekend was amazing other than the fact of getting stuck at the top of a rollercoaster for almost an hour. But all in all it was a great trip and a great way to kick off summer training with my team!

I almost forgot to mention that the two previous trips, and the one that I am going to tell you about next, didn't allow me to be home for more than 5 hours in between them. So you can only imagine how many suitcases were packed and unpacked in a weeks time. Anyway, my last and final trip for my kick off of summer was 4-H Camp!!!! Which even though New York and Cedar Point were amazing, 4-H Camp was my favorite and I'm so glad that that's how I got to finish my week. Even though I was a little tired from multiple previous days of travel it was one of the best camps yet! The theme was the 4-H Games! Every camper was asked to bring a nonperishable food item with them at check in to donate to the local food bank. I was the tribe chief for District 5, The Overpowering Orange Orcas, and our district was known for strength and power! The 6 districts competed in multiple competitions, games, and were rewarded coins in return to put towards there district. The campers were also rewarded coins for being kind and completing different activities in their daily workshops. At the end of the week, the coins for each district were counted and the winning district, which was District 5, got to present all of the food to the Sergeant from the Salvation Army. It was an awesome way to end the week and I think that everyone, campers and counselors included, learned a lot!

I would just like to thank everyone that has made the beginning of my summer so amazing, and I hope that July is even better. I also hope to see everyone at State Days!!

Until later,
Dawn Craft
2012-2013 Pennsylvania State 4-H Council- Vice President of Operations

No comments:

Post a Comment