Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Saturday, July 19, 2014

It's Fair Time!

Well it's that time of year again can't beleive it has been one whole year. It's fair time once again for most people its a chance to get outta the house and have a little fun but for everyone in 4-H and FFA its that time of year to show off our hard work and see how it pays off in the end. They say farming is a gamble and that is very true. Pa fairs are part of two of the biggest industries in Pennsylvania agriculture and tourism. Pa fairs help people get connected to the agriculture industry since most people have been removed from farms by three generations and help educate the puplic on the industry. Fairs to me means a lot I have been apart of our county fair since birth it has been a major part of my 4-H career it made me want to push for more with in 4-H and since my school did not offer FFA I have only till I am 18 tk make the most of it and that is what I am doing. This year is our fairs 30th year at our current location in summit station Pennsylvania. I always get excited about fair each year for many reasons I get to show my animals and tractors off to the oublic for everyone to see. Another reason is because of the many friendships that have came out of being apart of our big fair family. Also it means truck and tractor pulls through out the week. The Schuylkill County Fair Association has been a major influence on this love of our fair from the time I was little going to fair meetings and now sitting on the fair board as a junior fair board member we are one big family. as I said be for about showing our 4-H and FFA project to the community to show what agriculture is all about.
Brendin Freeman

No comments:

Post a Comment