Your 2014 State Council

Your 2014 State Council

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

What's Next?

Where do I begin with an experience like this. Council has been everything I hoped it would be and more. From training, to SLC, and my very first every Capital Days it was surreal. I learned more about myself, parliamentary procedure, and the 4-H program than I could have ever dreamed of.  But the real question is what's next.

What door will open next? The most logical opportunity is college. As an incoming high school senior, where I'm going to go to college has to be a priority.  Thanks to SLC my college path is clear to me now. Agricultural communications at either Penn State or Ohio State (please save your comments for the birds). After many times of answering “I don’t know” or “It’s agricultural related”, I can finally say where I want to go to college.

That's not the only thing council has helped me with.  I now say what I want when I want whether it be good or bad.  Mostly it’s good! I'm open to talk to anyone about anything.  I never realized how small the world was until I traveled and explored it a little.  The saying never burn a bridge is SO SO true. With my council experience I can now say I'm ready to tackle anything life throws at me.  

This wouldn't be complete without saying thank you to a few people.  Thank you to Mom and Dad for supporting me through this year and putting up with me crazy schedule. Thanks to my brother for picking up my slack at home.  Gram, always being there for the last minute things I needed. Pap, for feeding so many times when I wasn't around.  Judy, Wayne and the boys thanks for always putting me in a good mood when I was stressed.  Thank you family!

Thanks to an amazing advisor for believing in me even when I didn't at times.  Thanks Jared for always giving that extra guidance to the team. Dwayne for helping me anytime I needed during the year.   Council alums, thanks for inspiring me to be part of the family. The most important my council team! Thank you for everything! I don’t know what I would do without each and everyone of you. We made this year rock.


If you're reading this and you have any doubt about running for council, JUST DO IT!

See ya down the road,

Megan Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment